Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sweetheart

I made my first attempt at a fabric heart/pin cushion. I'm pretty darn pleased with myself at how it turned out.


I used all vintage fabrics, with the exception of the muslin ruffle.


The embroidered piece I used at the bottom inspired the colors and fabrics.


I added sequins, beads, and old buttons to give it some more character.


And I searched through my stash for the perfect piece of tatting.


The hardest part was stitching the front and back together with the ruffled trim. I think I need to watch some video tutorials to get the hang of it a little better before I attempt another one.
 
 

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, Girl! It's freaking fabulous!!! I LOVE it! So so sweet and pretty with amazing vintage fabrics and trims. Love the bit of embroidery at the bottom and love the pearls and buttons. Adorable! Very well done, my friend!

February 13, 2014 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Sugar Lump Studios said...

some how I missed this piece last visit and it is the cutest heart ever! I love it!!!! so sweet!

February 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, you should be pleased with yourself, this heart is adorable!! Love everything about it! Thanks for your visit to my blog and your kind words. Have a great week! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

April 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home